Friday, November 14, 2008

A dinner date? Um, no, that's ok. Really.

Corsets and winter coats have been put on temporary hold. My sister and I have a date on November 21st with a couple of vampires, and we simply must look our best! I get to puzzle through two "prom" dresses in this short time--not that I had much more time to make her dress for her actual junior prom. I think I got that one done in about four days, with at least two all-night sewing sessions.

I have a good idea in my head for my dress, borrowing heavily from Ms. Meyer's inspiration for Alice's dress in the book(see her website and the FAQ for a picture of the dress she had found, it's stunning!) Why Alice, you ask? (Or are those just the voices in my head leftover from a long day at work with my co-workers yammering in my ear over the radios?) Because with my new haircut, I apparently resemble Alice.


Do I really compare to Ashley Greene? No, I didn't think so, either!

My sister has what we affectionately call "Bella Balance Syndrome," i.e. the ability to trip over something while standing still on a flat, stable and completely clear surface. She will be dressed as Bella, just as soon as we figure out a design we both agree on. She didn't care for the dress in pictures from the movie, nor did she like the dress described from the book(also in that FAQ). Too frilly, she said. Well, yeah; ruffles tend to make stuff frilly. Maybe I'll add a tiny ruffle to the neckline of her dress. Mwaha! I am, after all, her older sister. What's the point in acknowledging that if I can't mess with her a little?

No comments: